Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Currently - Aug 24 v.20

Greetings from Orlando! Hope everyone had a great weekend and everyone has a fabulous long weekend coming up. Even though my usual TSC link up is gone, I thought I would write one since I had some time today. 

My weekend has been a bit of stressful one. I left Friday for my second contract at sea and while I was on the shuttle over to the hotel, I received a phone call saying that I would have to be re-assigned to a different ship temporarily because my assigned ship cannot accommodate me at this, for whatever reason. I was a little bit worried because I know how difficult it can be to find a space on a ship for my position. My only option was to be flown out to St. Thomas USVI tomorrow, Monday, and join a different ship temporarily until I can be placed on my original ship. My weekend has been spent in this hotel in Orlando, which did allow me to sleep in for a few more days! Some Pro's about this little change in plans -- I know the CD on the ship I am going, if I am still there in November I know two fellow staff members, I get to experience two ships/two teams/two management teams during this contract. Con's -- I am worried about flying through and into a hurricane and making it to the ship on time, just saying. 

Anywhoo .... 

 C U R R E N T LY 

READING: Lone Survivor

WRITING: So many emails and text messages updating people with my travel plans

MUSIC: As much as it hurts to admit this, kind of liking Taylor Swift's new song Shake It Off ... I know ... 

LISTENING: Watching The Adam's Family 

GUILTY PLEASURE: The bag of Sour Patch Kids sitting right next to me .. 

THINKING: Way too many things right now

NAIL COLOR: Nothing at the moment :(

SMELLING: Nothing

DRINK: Evian water

FOOD: Once I am finishing posting this, I am heading to dinner .. no idea what I am having though

HOPING: For a smooth and safe travel day tomorrow

TV SHOW: Finally on Season 5 of PLL, just need to find the time to watch it now

WEARING: Pajama pants and hoodie

LOVING: That I was able to sleep in for a few extra days. If you've ever worked on a ship, you know exactly what I am talking about

WISH LIST: To be transfered to my original ship asap

NEEDING: To learn to pack better

BLESSING: Everyone and everything in my life

FEELING: Soo nervous about my travel day tomorrow and for joining this new ship with a new team

CLICKING: Keyboard

EXCITEMENT: I am sure that somewhere deep down below my massive amount of nerves, is some excitement for being on a ship again with beautiful ports.


Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone :)









No comments:

Post a Comment